The Digital Breakdown
Educate & Engage
- The Three Ps of Social Media April 9, 2021How do you develop boundaries in your private, public, and professional social media? ASC student Bre Rogers, ASC alum Kierstynn Shultz, and Dawn Killenberg, who is the Career and Internship Services Director at Agnes Scott, share their unique perspectives on the dilemma. Check out Kierstynn's fashion Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/pinupbuttercups/
- This One Time at Agnes... March 9, 2021The story of the CDVL (Center for Digital and Visual Literacy)… A center designed by students and for the community.
- Live Honorably and Pirate...? January 12, 2021We talk to a copyright-smart librarian (Chris Bishop), a student familiar with piracy (Percie Thompson), and an IT manager all about buying software (Neta Counts) on the topic of being an “honorable digital citizen” and pirating -- and if both can exist in the same sphere.
- The Digital Native and The Digital Immigrant November 12, 2020The Digital Native grew up alongside the tech-world we know today while the Digital Immigrant had to learn this new techie world. Age, location, or culture may separate the two, but there’s a lot of common ground to be found. In this episode, we talked to Dr. Amy Patterson and Lisset Rojo Ramirez about how […]
- Fight the Power, Part II September 18, 2020What does it take to be a digital activist? Agnes Scott's Center for Digital Literacy (CDVL) addresses this question and more in the concluding episode of the "Fight the Power."
- Fight the Power, Part I September 4, 2020What is digital activism and why is it important? In Part I of this two-part conversation, Agnes Scott's Center for Digital and Visual Literacy discusses how the internet and social media has changed the nature of activism.
- Tech for All May 6, 2020With the help of Agnes Scott’s Accessible Education Director, The Digital Breakdown explores new accessible education initiatives for the Agnes Scott community and navigating a tech-infused world with physical, mental, or both types of disabilities. If you're interested in checking out some of the software or apps mentioned in this episode, here's a list (all […]
- Crisis Mode May 4, 2020When every student on campus is forced into a remote education model, how vital is digital literacy for their continued education? What does remote education even look like, especially for a college that prides itself on its small, in-person classes? In this episode of The Digital Breakdown, three members of a college's edu-tech center discuss […]
- The Digital Get Down March 26, 2020What is digital literacy? Why does it matter? To answer these questions and more, we hear from two college students and a long-time edu-tech expert.
About the Podcast
In development since January 2020, The Digital Breakdown debuted in March 2020. With current and future episodes, the CDVL hopes to trigger deeper thought about how we all use technology and how we can better approach navigating our digital world.
About the CDVL
Founded in 2014 (then known as the D-Center), the CDVL initially strove to be the answer to the Agnes Scott community’s need for guidance on digital project. With the help of Nell Ruby, a long time Agnes faculty member, the student-led center championed and assisted in the use of the digital by faculty and students. In 2018, the Center received a makeover and its own dedicated space in the college’s library. Lisa Jones currently manages the day-to-day operations of the CDVL. She is assisted by Anastasia Owen and the host of The Digital Breakdown, Sye Williams.